Mobile Storage Unit Costs
Posted on 2 December 2022 | 3 minute read
Mobile Storage Unit Costs
When you are looking to rent a mobile storage unit, there are a few things to look out for.
There are many storage providers nowadays that provide a false sense of security and aren’t willing to get you informed to make the right decision. At 1800 We Store It, we pride ourselves on our service and want you to be fully informed so you can truly be at peace and have a stress-free experience when you are looking at mobile storage units for rent.
Thankfully we have created a list full of crucial points to think about while you are looking around for options.
Mobile storage is an extremely cost effective, versatile and flexible way to store your goods. Customers may come across unexpected costs and pitfalls, if they’re attracted to cut price storage space when obtaining quotes. Some storage companies may offer their cheapest unit at a bargain basement price, and modern, sympathetic staging and lighting make these units appear cavernous when in reality, they are small, and almost never have the capacity for your needs. It is therefore crucial that you know how much storage you need before you can obtain weekly storage unit costs, and therefore, value.
Some advice to working out weekly mobile storage costs and value:
- When obtaining a quote for mobile storage, customers should ask for the height, width and length of a storage unit in metres (be aware of companies who aren’t able to provide these dimensions).
- A unit with a height of 2.8 metres, a width of 2.3 metres and a length of 2.0 metres will have a capacity of 18.67 cubic metres (a multiplication of height, width and length in metres, gives a cubic metre capacity).
- Then customers should divide the weekly storage rate by the cubic metre capacity per week, which will give the cost per cubic metre per week. For example $34.95 / 18.67 cubic metres = $1.87 per cubic metre of storage per week.
A guide to what competitive, good value mobile storage per cubic metre in the storage industry is as follows:
- 6ft mobile storage unit: capacity of 10 cubic metres & holds the contents of 2 standard bedrooms of goods = $22.95 Per Week / 10 cubic metres = $2.29 per cubic metre per week
- 8ft mobile storage unit: capacity of 12 cubic metres & holds the contents of 2.5 standard bedrooms of goods = $24.95 per week / 12 cubic metres = $2.07 per cubic metre per week
- 10ft mobile storage unit: capacity of 19 cubic metres & holds the contents of 3 standard bedrooms of goods = $34.95 per week / 19 Cubic metres = $1.83 per cubic metre per week
- 20ft mobile storage unit: Capacity of 38 cubic metres & holds the contents of a 3-4 bedroom home = $59.95 Per Week / 38 cubic metres = $1.57 per cubic metre per week
Now you might be wondering ‘are there mobile storage units for rent near me?’
The answer is yes of course! Thankfully we have the ability to provide mobile storage all around Melbourne and will deliver to you almost anywhere. Rest assured no Melburnian will go without storage under our watch!
If you would benefit from a checklist on mobile storage – things to be aware of, please click here. Thank you for reading our company blog on ‘Mobile storage unit costs’. Let our team of professionals answer all of your storage queries today.
Call Us On: 1800 937 867
Email Us: [email protected]
Get A Quick Quote: Quick Quote