How Mobile Storage Works: A Step-by-Step Guide
Posted on 2 December 2023 | 4 minute read
Mobile storage solutions have changed the way we use storage forever. With their convenience, flexibility, and affordability, a mobile storage solution is perfect for various scenarios, including renovating, moving house, business storage, or having a little extra square footage to reclaim your living space.
But how does mobile storage work? In this guide, we tell you the steps you need to take to get the most out of mobile self-storage solutions.
What is Mobile Storage
Mobile storage refers to a solution conveniently delivered to your premises rather than traditional storage, where you must transport your belongings to a unit in a fixed location.
A container that arrives at your location is a more convenient solution for several reasons. Firstly, you can pack your items into the container without hiring a truck, trailer, or utility vehicle. Secondly, you save a lot of time because there is no need to make multiple trips.
Thirdly, once the unit is packed, you have the option of leaving it on-site or having it transported to a secure storage facility. If you are moving your home or office, the unit can be transported directly to your new location.
While smaller mobile storage units are constructed of sturdy timber, larger storage units are available as sturdy steel shipping containers, which offer increased security for your belongings when stored on your premises.
Discover the benefits of using mobile storage units here.
How Does Mobile Storage Work?
Now that you have a solid understanding of what mobile storage is and how it can solve your storage challenges, here’s a breakdown of how it all works:
Step 1: Choosing a Mobile Storage Provider
Why choose 1800 We Store It as your mobile storage solutions provider:
- Wide range of storage unit sizes so you can find the perfect size to fit all your belongings.
- Melbourne-wide delivery; whether you are in the city or the outer suburbs, we are conveniently located for fast delivery.
- You can choose long-term or short-term storage. We won’t lock you down with long-term contracts.
Step 2: Determine Your Storage Needs
- Assess the amount and type of items you need to store. You can ask us for help.
- Estimate the required storage space and unit size based on your belongings.
Step 3: Request a Mobile Storage Unit
- Contact 1800 We Store It on 1800 937 867 or get in touch via the website.
- Provide necessary information, such as your location and desired rental duration.
- Discuss any specific requirements or additional services you may need.
Step 4: Delivery of the Mobile Storage Unit
- Schedule the delivery date and time.
- Ensure proper access and clearance for the delivery truck at your location.
- Confirm any specific instructions for the placement of the storage unit.
Step 5: Packing and Loading the Unit
- Gather packing supplies and organise your belongings, or purchase everything you need from us
- Safely pack and load your items into the mobile storage unit, or get our professional team to do it for you.,
- Utilise proper packing techniques to maximise space and protect fragile items. We can show you how.
Step 6: Securing the Unit
- Lock the unit with provided padlocks or security mechanisms.
- Ensure proper sealing and protection of your stored items.
Step 7: Storage and Accessibility
- Understand the storage duration and access options.
- You can access your stored items on-site or if you need to arrange for retrieval during normal business hours (24-hour notice is required).
Step 8: Retrieval or Relocation
- Plan for the retrieval of your stored items when needed.
- Call us to schedule the unit’s return or its relocation to a new location if required.
Step 9: Termination of Rental
- Notify us of your desired end date for the rental.
- Arrange for the pickup or return of the mobile storage unit.
- Ensure that all personal belongings are removed from the unit before its retrieval.
Mobile storage is the most convenient, flexible solution that can help with all types of storage. Whether moving, renovating, or looking for cheap square footage to keep business stock, 1800 We Store It has a solution for you. When you choose us as your partner in storage, you will enjoy weatherproof, rodent-proof mobile storage and enhanced security for extra peace of mind. Call 1800 937 867 for friendly, professional advice, or visit our website and enter your details for a quick quote.