What is Mobile Serviced Storage?
Posted on 6 August 2021 | 4 minute read
Mobile serviced storage is the most modern, efficient, and cost-effective way of storing your goods these days.
What are the benefits?
Well, there are many, but here are the major ones that make mobile serviced storage in high demand…
- Your goods are only loaded and unloaded ONCE, saving you precious time and money. No more double handling!
- We bring the storage unit directly to you, then take it back to our facility once packing is complete.
- You can load and unload the unit yourself – at your own pace and schedule – or our experienced removalists can do all the heavy lifting for you.
- Packing quilts and furniture tie downs provided FREE OF CHARGE.
- You’ll get custom-made steel storage containers equipped with padlock protectors and tie rails.
- 100% secure storage with state-of-the-art alarm systems and 24/7 CCTV monitoring.
- We provide every storage option under one roof. You get uncompromised quality at the most competitive rates.
How does it work?
It is actually pretty simple as we specifically designed it to be stress-free and cost-effective for you.
- We bring the storage unit straight to your home or office.
- We load the goods for you. Sit back and relax. No need to lift a finger!
- Our removalists wrap each furniture item in custom-made felt furniture blankets for added protection.
- We securely tie each item in place using custom-made furniture ties to ensure your goods won’t budge an inch during transit.
- Once the storage unit has been loaded, you can use your own padlock or we can provide one for you.
- We offer full packing services where our staff pack the boxes for you.
- Full-range of premium packing materials available including moving boxes, packing paper, tape, bubble wrap, plastic furniture covers, and much more.
Other things to ask and consider
Make sure you contact a storage company that is an accredited removalist. This means they have professional and experienced personnel that can expertly pack and load your goods. Right from the start, ask if the company employs its own removalists or simply subcontracts the work out to another service provider. Also enquire about the process involved if your goods get damaged.
Know the type of storage unit being offered as there are a lot of companies out there these days and they offer different types of units – everything from cheap wooden crates or flimsy cages to high-quality custom-built steel shipping containers equipped with tie rails, padlock protectors, lockboxes, and moisture absorbers. Tie rails are particularly important because they make sure your goods stay put during transit, as well as during movement of the unit off the truck and into the storage facility.
Aside from the type of storage unit, you should also ask about its size. This means you need to know the height, width, and length, as well as the capacity in cubic meters. This will help you determine if your goods will fit or you need to go for a bigger unit.
Next, find out what protective materials come with the storage unit. Does the company provide furniture blankets, plastic furniture covers, and tie downs? Does the storage company provide packing materials like boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap, etc. to assist you with the packing of your goods? Do they have professional packers that can come over and pack all of your boxes, ready to load and ready for transit?
The answers to these questions are a good indication as to the type of service you can expect and if you’ll get good value for your hard earned money.
We hope you find this post useful. If you have any questions or if you wish to utilise our service, please feel free to contact us at 1800 WE STORE IT on 1800 937 867 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our friendly staff are more than happy to assist you with any and all of your needs.